There are a few reasons why you may get erratic readings when trying to use a chest belt to measure your heart rate. If you are getting erratic readings or no readings at all, then in the first instance Please check the following:
1. Make sure that the chest belt you are trying to use is an UNCODED transmitter. Attempting to use a CODED chest belt transmitter will result in either no readings at all or erratic readings. If you are using a chest belt that came with a sports watch then the chest belt is most likely a coded belt and will not be compatible. We'd recommend a model such as the Polar T31 Uncoded transmitter (this is also available as a coded version so make sure to choose the uncoded version when purchasing)
2. Check the battery in the chest belt. A weak battery will result in erratic readings or no readings at all. Some transmitters have batteries you can change, other transmitters are sealed and the batteries cannot be changed.
3. Make sure that there is good contact between the chest belt and your skin. To work, the chest belt needs to be placed directly on the skin. It's often worth slightly wetting the back of the transmitter to ensure proper contact is made.
When working correctly, it can take up to 30 seconds for the signal to register on the console of the machine.
If you have tried all of the above and are unable to resolve any issues that you're having with using a chest belt with your LunaRun please use the helpdesk form or send an email to email@example.com to contact us.
Please include the following information when contacting us:
- Proof of purchase
- Serial number
- Best contact number to reach you on
- As much information as possible about the issue
Our support team will be in touch to resolve the problem for you.
Please note that our offices are open Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:00.